Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many good causes as possible to participate in the Brent Community Lottery. Set out below are a set of criteria that will be used in deciding whether or not to allow organisations or groups to join the Brent Community Lottery.
There is no application fee for organisations or groups to join the Brent Community Lottery.
Your organisation or group must:
Provide community activities or services within the London Borough of Brent, which are of benefit to the residents of the London Borough of Brent and help deliver one or more of the desired outcomes under the Council’s five Borough Plan strategic themes, namely:
- A borough where we can all feel safe, secure, happy and healthy
- Strong foundations
- Every opportunity to succeed
- A future built for everyone, an economy fit for all
- A cleaner, more considerate Brent
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
And be either:
- A constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least three times per year)
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report with its application
Your organisation will be asked to commit to using the marketing materials provided and other means of communication to achieve at least 20 ticket sales within four weeks of being provided a page on the site.
We will not permit applications from:
- Organisations or groups promoting a particular religious or political belief or activity, or a campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within The London borough of Brent
- Organisations that do not do work within the boundaries of Brent
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations or groups with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
The Council reserves the right to:
- Reject any application for any reason; and
- Terminate the participation of any organisation with a minimum of 7 days’ notice for any reason, unless fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected in which case termination will be immediate.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Brent Community Lottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Brent Community Lottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials provided digitally in a range of formats